Yesterday at the MECMA: Young Classical Music Stars Concerto (Piano)
At yesterday's MECMA daytime concert, talented young virtuoso Ivaylo Vassilev performed alongside the Klainingrad Symphony Orchestra, alongside Mikhail Kirchhoff. The academy's daily masterclasses with renowned professors continued, providing an engaging and illuminating day for all involved.
As part of the EUFSC and SAMIT's efforts to promote high quality musical education, this year's edition of InClassica is also incorporating the inaugural edition of the Middle East Classical Music Academy (MECMA), taking place from the 4th to the 23rd of September. This educational initiative features three weeks of lectures, discussions and masterclasses in the schools of piano, wind, and strings, led by a roster of international professors and music pedagogues consisting of some of the most illustrious names active today. In addition, the MECMA is also presenting a series of daytime concerts featuring soloists, orchestras, and prodigies from all around the world, with select Academy students being offered the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of joining these artists in live performance on stage ...
Yesterday at MECMA
Horn masterclass • Vadim Shvedchikov
Trombone masterclass • Natanel Bikov
Trumpet masterclass • Andrey Zdunyuk
Piano masterclass • Giuliano Mazzoccante
Quotes from Professors:
- “This was my first time giving masterclasses at this Academy. It went very well, the student was very good and very well prepared, an extremely talented student although he's only been playing for 4 years. His level is really really good. I hope that I helped him develop and get to a better level and reach the highest destination that he is hoping for. "
- “I think that having masterclasses alongside concerts is extremely helpful because music is a really holistic field. If you just play in the room it's not enough, if you're just playing in the orchestra it's not enough. If you mix everything together and get inspiration from everywhere and then couple that with the best teachers and the best orchestras, that is the best way to develop and become the best musician you can. ”
- “I think initiatives such as these are amazing. For me it's really exciting because I come from Israel and we couldn't even be here a year ago! It's very exciting for me, the place is really amazing, the people here are really warm, nice and kind, and I think all this is really important. Music is not just for Europe or USA, it's for all the world and there are talented people all over the world and they all must get the chance to be the best they can be. "
- “Organizationally everything went amazingly. Very nice, very warm people, it was really great, just wonderful to work with them. ”
Daytime concert: Piano Concerto
Ivaylo Vassilev (piano)
- How did you enjoy the performance? “It was very good, really, really wonderful. I very much enjoyed playing here in this venue and as part of the academy. It's fantastic to be here, and the experience of playing with an orchestra is always such a great thing, it's really something different. ”
- How was the collaboration with the Kaliningrad Symphony Orchestra and Mikhail Kirchhoff? “I really enjoyed playing with the orchestra. It was very good. They're very nice people and amazing musicians, and I'm really happy I got the chance to play with them. They were extremely friendly, and the conductor too, he was very nice and helpful. I felt very comfortable with them. ”
- What do you think of the music that you performed today?“I played Travel Notebook by Alexey Shor. I enjoyed his work very much, I think he's a very good composer. It was very nice to play a modern work, and his music really sounds nice as well, you can really feel the music. There are some technical challenges but it's a very satisfying piece to perform, and it was really nice with this orchestra. I hope everyone enjoyed it as well. "
- You've been in Dubai for some time now. Are you enjoying the city?“Dubai is a very big place. Much bigger than many places in Europe but it's very nice, and it's a real experience for me to be here, especially to be here with my music. Traveling as a performing musician is a very nice thing, especially because I know that there are very few people who can do this, who have the chance to do this, so I really appreciate the fact that I can, and the incredible opportunity this has been. ”
Kaliningrad Symphony Orchestra
Academy students selected to participate in the concert:
Yongho Park (piano)
S. Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto No. 2, 1st movement